Level 3 Freediver
The F.I.I. Level 3 Freediver is the “black belt” of freediving. Participants learn how to form their own training programs, troubleshoot problems, and implement advanced techniques and dietary requirements to constantly improve as a freediver.
Students enter this course with a solid technical foundation from the F.I.I. Level 1 Freediver course and they have a full understanding of maximizing their inborn aquatic abilities from the F.I.I. Level 2 Freediver course. This course provides the final piece of the puzzle, allowing participants to take their minds and bodies beyond the average human abilities and target their training toward specific goals, such as week-long spearfishing trips, preparation for a freediving camp, attendance at an international freediving competition, and many other activities.
When freediving becomes your lifestyle, this is the course for you. Whether it’s the depth, time, or comfort you seek, these skills and knowledge are invaluable.
- Understanding and Application of Training Principles
- Training Techniques and Skills Specific to Freediving Fitness and Performance
- Dietary Needs of the Freediving Athlete
- Advanced Breathing and Stretching Exercises
- Advanced Freediving Technique Development
- Advanced Safety Techniques for Supervision and Self Rescue (including counter ballast operations)
- Deep Equalization Techniques
FII Level 2 Freediver certification or equivalent
Participants must be 18 years or older
Freediving/spearfishing wetsuit, freediving fins, snorkel, weight belt, weights, freediving computer, lanyard.
FII Level 3 Freediver manual and workbook. Course materials are provided by the instructor at the beginning of each course.